Senior or Principal Onshore Civil Engineer
A senior or principal onshore civil engineer to deliver projects and packages across a range of consultancy services. You would work on key projects that are enabling the energy transition and will include managing smaller packages of consultancy work (e.g. market studies or a specific technical study) to taking on an onshore package manager role within one of their owner’s engineering projects. The successful candidate will have strong project management skills and a knowledge of the onshore civil works which are required for an offshore wind farm. Experience working in offshore wind is not required though this will be an advantage and transferable skills from a related industry will be necessary.
- Representing the company and building collaborative relationships with
- Managing the development of the onshore civil engineering for offshore wind projects including:
- Substation siting
- Substation civil/structural design, from planning drawings to FEED level (working with our electrical team)
- Onshore cable routing
- Technical input to landowner negotiations
- Onshore ground investigations
- Site surveys/walkovers
- Management of sub contractors
- Acting as a package manager within a larger project including delivering (on behalf of a client within an owner’s engineering package). Typically this would include complete technical project management of a package including design, construction and installation of a package (i.e. WTG, foundations or onshore) as well as procurement and contracting
- Mentoring and training more junior engineers
- Giving technical input to projects in your area of knowledge/expertise
- Producing high quality bids
They are open to a range of experience levels for this role – you might already be an experienced package manager, or this might be a stretch role or new industry for you in which case we would provide mentoring and support as you gain confidence. Salary will vary depending on your skills and experience.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Qualifications and Experience Required.
The successful candidate will have proven project management skills and be able to deliver scopes of work, including managing complex interfaces, whilst maintaining good relationships with clients and the supply chain. The successful candidate will:
- Be degree educated in engineering or a related field
- Have a successful track record in delivery of onshore civil works for the power industry
- Have strong relationship management skills
- Be a team player
- Understand the process of developing and constructing the onshore portion of an offshore wind farm (desired)
- Have highly transferable skills from a related industry (for those without offshore wind experience)
- Have excellent written and spoken English (other languages a benefit)