Senior / Principal Ecologist Dublin/ Galway / Remote – Exclusive Role
Seeking a Senior Ecologist to join a busy Ecology team in South Dublin. The Ideal candidates will have six years plus experience in a consultancy environment/ regulatory role in the environmental assessment field. A proven track record of working on Environmental Impact Assessments and Appropriate Assessment processes is essential.
- Degree in Ecology or a related biological/environmental science subject with an ecological component.
- Excellent field skills and a keen interest and understanding of Irish wildlife.
- Demonstrated field survey experience in ecology e.g. habitat classification (Fossitt), badger, otter, bat, bird and invasive species surveys.
- Familiar with relevant Irish and European legislation e.g. Habitats Directive, Birds Directive, EIA Directive, Birds and Natural Habitats Regulations.
- Knowledge of Appropriate Assessment as per Article 6 of the Habitats Directive.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A hard working and highly motivated individual – client focused with good interpersonal skills and team approach.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to record data efficiently and methodically).
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant ecological discipline which includes practical experience.
- Previous work experience within a professional ecological consultancy (or relevant eNGO or academic experience if applicable).
- Experience in compiling Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) reports and Appropriate Assessment on the likely impacts of proposed developments, and recommending appropriate mitigation measures.
- Experience of licensable activities/surveys for protected species such as bat, badger or otter.
- Membership of CIEEM or working towards membership of CIEEM
- Experience utilising GIS systems e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS and or others
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.