Principal Ecologist / Head of Department
Currently recruiting for the role Principal Ecologist. This is a unique opportunity for someone with an already proven background in ecology to lead a dynamic, dedicated and expanding ecology team.
This Ecology firm has successfully grown into a dynamic, standards focused ecology business that today works on a broad range of ecology projects across numerous sectors, including aviation, energy and public infrastructure. The team has worked on numerous novel ecology projects that have included Natural Capital Assessment Reports on forest portfolios and work with significant corporate clients to develop biodiversity expansion projects across a range of property types.
The Principal Ecologist reports directly to the Managing Directors . The successful candidate will work closely with senior management to build upon the existing success. This will demand a commercial awareness to match the essential deep understanding of ecology as a profession together with an enthusiasm to lead a dynamic and driven team of ecologists.
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- Company car
- Mobile phone,
- Company PRSA
- Opportunity to be part of progressive leadership team
- Professional membership fees
- This is a full-time permanent
- Leading the Ecology team
- Together with the senior management team, strategically expanding the consultancy.
- Managing and developing Ecological services.
- Drive workflows and manage service delivery to the very highest professional standard.
- Compile technically robust ecology reports of all types.
- Provide advice and guidance on ecology matters to the other service disciplines.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and guidance to ensure company compliance and interpret this for colleagues and the Management Team.
- Manage a large workload efficiently.
- Mange time and project delivery in an organised and proactive manner to ensure smooth delivery of reports and projects.
- Input into company policies relating the protection and enhancement of biodiversity
- Engage with company systems to ensure effective communication across all
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant degree in Ecology or related discipline is
- Member of CIEEM.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to manage large projects to tight deadlines.
- Full driving license is essential.
- Willingness to travel throughout Ireland
- Previous experience in GIS including ArcGIS and QGIS is desirable.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.