Exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic, hydrogeologist to join my clients Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology Team as a Hydrogeologist to support the continued growth of the company.
Remote work environment, supported by state-of-the-art IT systems and software management tools. The team is based all over Ireland and the UK.
This role is a fully remote working position. Permanent position and includes an industry leading remuneration and benefits package.
Working with clients across a range of sectors including pharma, property development and waste management.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, an ability to motivate others and a demonstrated willingness to learn and keep up to date with changing legislation and industry trends and developments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Desk-based studies
• Site investigation, sampling and monitoring of water, soil and waste materials.
• Logging of trial pits and boreholes and supervising drilling crews.
• Co-ordination of site investigation and monitoring programmes including management of sub-contractors (H&S, technical and contractual).
• Undertaking GQRA and DQRA for a range of greenfield and brownfield sites.
• Developing management plans for contaminated land remediation projects.
• Soil waste classification assessments.
• Preparation of technical reports and other deliverables
• Masters Level Degree in Hydrogeology and 2-6 years’ experience in a consultancy or comparable industry setting.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Hydrogeological assessment subject matter specialist
• Experience in both greenfield and brownfield site assessments.
• Strong analytical skills in hydrogeological assessment, contaminated land site risk assessment.
• Multi-tasker with the ability to engage and liaise with various project teams including in-house and external consultants and clients.
• Working knowledge of Irish and EU legislation and industry standards required.
• Proficient MS Office, hydrogeological software packages and GIS
• Working towards being a Chartered Professional with IGI, IEI or equivalent desirable.
• Full Clean Driving Licence required.
Please contact Maeve@curranrecruitment.ie